Message from HABC's President/CEO
In consideration of recent COVID-19 developments, HABC is complying with
Baltimore City, the state of Maryland and federal recommendations to close all
offices to the public. To learn more about HABC’s response, click below.
HABC Responds to COVID-19
Click below for more information on how HABC is responding to COVID-19Click Here
As often as possible the Housing Authority of Baltimore City (HABC) will continue to provide informative information to those we serve. Visit any of the links or documents below to access helpful information.
April 1, 2020
- GET COUNTED: Today is National Census Day. Take the CENSUS now and get counted. Click here.
- COORDINATED FOOD EFFORTS HELP HABC RESIDENTS TOO:
The City of Baltimore has established a website identifying COVID-19 responses and resources in Charm City. Have a large donation of supplies, food or want to lend a helping hand. Click here.
- REPORT PRICE GOUGING IN BALTIMORE CITY NOW:
If you or someone you know believes a store is price gouging in response to
the COVID-19 public health emergency, help us help you.
1) Photograph the product and price
2) Provide details (store name, location)
3) Call 410-528-8662, or email email@example.com
March 31, 2020
- Thank you for thinking of the Housing Authority of Baltimore City (HABC) during COVID-19.
We are cross collaborating and coordinating efforts to serve in safe and smart ways. Large donations of supplies please call 3-1-1. Food supplies and volunteering click here.
About donations to HABC.
March 30, 2020
- EFFECTIVE MARCH 30th in the state of Maryland: There is a stay-at-home order in effect in Baltimore City. This order was issued to limit the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Stay-at-home means that you and the members of our household must remain
in your home. You should only leave your house for essential errands. For more
information click here.
- All Staff Memo Extending Office Closing Click here to read.
March 27, 2020
- HABC INFORMS: There’s a lot of information out there about COVID-19. The FEMA has established a rumor control page. HABC is keeping you informed with facts and not fears during the world pandemic. Visit the FEMA website for rumor control by CLICKING HERE.
March 26, 2020
- GET THE LATEST UPDATES: The City of Baltimore has established a NEW website identifying COVID-19 resources in Charm City. A centralized location of the most up to date information can be found here.
March 25, 2020
- Senior Citizens have been identified as an at-risk population during the COVID-19 pandemic. The State of Maryland has established a Senior Call Check-In program, which offers a daily call to check on residents at home. Find out more by calling 1- 866- 50-CHECK.
- Maryland school closures have been extended, through at least April 24th, 2020.
- NEW FROM THE CDC: The CDC has developed a Coronavirus self-checker! Individuals should continuously self-monitor for symptoms such as fever and cough or difficulty breathing and loss of taste or smell. If employees feel ill, they should stay home and notify their supervisor.
March 20, 2020
- The Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis continues to develop and we all are seeing greater restrictions in an effort to reduce the spread of the disease. Here at the Housing Authority of Baltimore City (HABC), we are working to meet our vendors and contractors needs while working within the CDC recommendations. To that end please note, HABC has closed its offices to the public, effective Thursday, March 19, 2020 through at least Friday April 3, During this time, HABC staff will respond to voice mails and emails, though response times may be delayed we are doing everything within our purview to limit disruption. If you have questions please contact Steve.Suit@habc.org.
March 19, 2020
Due to the ongoing public health emergency, HABC has closed its offices to the public, effective Thursday March 19, 2020.
Through at least Friday April 3, HABC will be practicing social distancing and alternative work arrangements to ensure the health and safety of staff and residents. During this time, HABC staff will respond to voice mails and emails, though response times may be delayed. Your patience is appreciated as we seek to balance our work with everyone’s concerns about health and safety.
March 18, 2020
- Making sure all residents have access to food during this time is a priority for the city. Please click here for the official list of locations where grab-n-go meals are available, complete with time, meal and eligibility detail.
- MTA is updating its services due to COVID-19. Please click here to find out more.
- Neighborhood Task Force Meeting scheduled for today is CANCELED.
- The Public Safety Working Group meeting scheduled for March 25, 2020 is CANCELED.
- The Annual Hiring Event & Skills Training Fair sponsored by ORS scheduled for April 21, 2020 is postponed until further notice.
- For the health and safety of the staff and families of the Dr. Emerson Julian Childcare Center, the center will be closed through Friday, April 3, 2020.
March 17, 2020
- Effective tomorrow at the close of business, Wednesday, March 18, 2020 through April 3, 2020, all employees regardless of essential status who can perform their work remotely must telework. This is our effort to promote social distancing and reduce the number of people in the office at anytime.
- Information will be available to ALL HABC STAFF via the following 3 methods:
2) Your Personal HABC email
3) Call (410) 396-3250
- The Transform Poe Community Meeting to announce the rankings is canceled. We are currently looking at a combined Housing and Neighborhood Task Force Meeting on 21 April 2020 to go into more detail on the rankings and next step
- PSO Relocation Training scheduled for Tuesday, March 24, 2020, from 1:00 to 3:00 PM has been canceled
- All scheduled Professional Development courses are postponed including the upcoming CPR and Trauma training.
March 16, 2020
- The Dr. Emerson Julian Childcare Center at Heritage Crossing (620 Fremont Avenue) will be closed on Monday, March 16 – Friday, March 20th, 2020 for cleaning and sanitizing. It will reopen on Monday, March 23rd, 2020.
- Our House Early Head Start Center in Cherry Hill (2707 Sethlow Road) will be following Baltimore City school closure schedule, and will be closed from Monday, March 16 through March 27, 2020.
- The Benton Building located at 417 E. Fayette Street is closed to the public.
- All Office of Resident Services programs and program offices will be closed to the public Monday, March 16, 2020, through March 27, 2020.