Volunteer Terms and Conditions
- I agree to arrive to my volunteer shift(s) on time, and to advise HABC at least 48hrs in advance if my availability for the scheduled volunteer shift changes.
- I agree to arrive to my scheduled shift 10 minutes before scheduled event, as to be informed of particulars of my role and the venue.
- I agree to work under the guidance and Supervision of HABC staff.
- I affirm that I will remain alcohol and drug free while participating at all HABC events.
HABC recognizes that the use of alcohol or illegal drugs can create serious health and safety risks, therefore, we maintain an alcohol and drug-free workplace. You are not permitted to manufacture, distribute, possess, sell or attempt to sell, receive or use illegal drugs, including drug paraphernalia, or be under the influence of illegal drugs (or abuse controlled substances) on HABC property or while conducting HABC business. Prohibited drugs include controlled substances that are prohibited by local law (outside the U.S.) or under federal law (in the U.S.). Bringing alcohol for consumption in the workplace, drinking or being under the influence of alcoholic beverages in the workplace or while conducting HABC business is also prohibited, except for moderate and responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages in appropriate social situations where alcohol is served during a Company-sanctioned event.
- I agree to advise HABC if I am unable/ uncomfortable to complete task(s) that have been assigned to me.
- I agree to inform HABC immediately of any injuries sustained while undertaking volunteer activities.
- I will maintain a positive attitude while engaging in any volunteering for HABC.
- I agree to work in a constructive and cooperative manor while complying with all safety procedures as directed.
- I understand that if I am unable to complete my assigned shifts, I may be asked to return all items [that were provided to me] for the event.
- I understand that I am volunteering my services to HABC and I will not receive any compensation for my
services or reimbursement for any expenses that I might incur.