The Housing Authority of Baltimore City's Fair Housing & Equal Opportunity (FH & EO) Office is responsible for the following:
- The agency’s compliance with the civil rights laws that prohibit discrimination in housing and activities.
- Overseeing and facilitating compliance with civil rights related consent decrees.
Our Goals Include:
- Agency wide compliance with the civil rights laws that prohibit discrimination in housing.
- Assisting in the implementation of steps to address impediments to fair housing identified in the Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing
- Facilitating prompt responses to reasonable accommodation requests and providing prompt assistance to other divisions in responding to requests for reasonable accommodations
HABC is committed to affirmatively furthering fair housing by promoting non-discrimination, fair and equal housing opportunities and fair housing choice and to fostering inclusive communities. In an ongoing effort to provide housing opportunities and housing programs in a nondiscriminatory manner, HABC implements its programs in a manner that is consistent with the fair housing laws, including but not limited to the Fair Housing Act and the Maryland and Baltimore City laws, which prohibit discrimination in housing or services directly or indirectly on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, familial status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age and ancestry.