The Office of Legal Affairs (OLA) provides in-house legal services to HABC. The General Counsel is the chief legal advisor to HABC and supervises and directs OLA staff.
Functions & Responsibilities
- Institutes and defends HABC in suits, actions, or other legal proceedings in local, state and federal court, and administrative bodies.
- Provides legal advice and assistance to HABC regarding legal issues, which may affect HABC, its employees and agents.
- Prepares, reviews and approves legal instruments relevant to HABC's operations.
- Reviews, advises and updates HABC on all applicable federal, state or local laws, rules and regulations that relate to the operations of the agency.
- Prepares and reviews administrative policies and procedures of HABC.