The Division consists of the following Departments/Offices
Engineering & Capital Improvements Department
- Engineering Services
- Contract Administration
- Construction Management & Inspection
Energy & Environmental Programs Department
Office of Construction Services (HABCo)
Office of Facilities Management
Collectively these areas are responsible for the overall management of large-scale modernization and construction projects. The Construction Services Office (HABCo) is an in-house general contractor for the agency and other entities.
- Implements the Capital Program for HABC
- Coordinates the design and prepares contract specifications for major Capital Improvements and modernization activities such as major comprehensive rehabilitation of HABC properties and systems, kitchen and bath upgrades and replacements, 504 enhancements, replacement of roofs, electrical and mechanical upgrades, etc…
- Manages consultant contracts for environmental programs, which includes testing for environmental hazards and site erosion and sediment control
- Provides construction management and inspection services
- Provides contracting services
- Plans and contracts for the demolition of distressed public housing sites
- Utility program initiatives to include upgrading electrical distribution systems, upgrading gas lines, providing cathodic protection, etc….
- The Construction Services office is responsible for completing many of the required repairs and upgrades. They are instrumental in renovating vacant public housing units, renovating scattered site properties, installing new roofs and replacing porches, railings, stoops, etc….