All all procurement and contracting activities for HABC are handled by the Procurement Department. A wide variety of goods and professional services such as office supplies, stoves and refrigerators, various construction items, etc. are purchased through the department. The department also procures a myriad of professional services, including pest control, legal, architectural and engineering services. Its role is to assure that goods and services are procured efficiently, effectively, and economically; promote competition in contracting; provide safeguards for maintaining a procurement system of quality and integrity; and assure that HABC purchasing actions are in full compliance with applicable Federal, State, local laws and regulations.
Rules & Responsibilities
- The primary roles and responsibilities of the Procurement Department are to process requisitions for the procurement of commodities, equipment, goods and services for the agency.
- Establish contracts and purchase orders with vendors and contractors for commodities, equipment, goods and services.
- Monitor the administration of contracts and purchase orders with vendors and contractors on behalf of the agency.
- Ensure compliance with applicable procurement regulations, guidelines and as well as provide oversight, coordination and guidance to HABC and its officials with respect to all of its procurement activities.
Current Business Opportunities
All available current opportunities with HABC are available under the Current Opportunities link below. Once you arrive at the page, you will find Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Qualifications (RFQs), and Invitations to Bid (IFBs). If you are an approved vendor, you may access the Vendor Portal at the link below.
Future Business Opportunities
- Community initiatives consulting services
- Technical assistance with HUD related developmental activities services
- Grant writing, agency alignment and project management services
- UFAS Certifying Architect
- Employment Recruitment Services
- HRMS/Payroll System
- Health Care Consulting Services
- Medical Plan Services
- Dental Plan Services
- Vision Plan Services
- Life and Disability Plan Services
- Employee Investigation
- General Legal Services
- Auctioneer and Asset Disposition Services
- Development Window Repair Services
- Litigation Services (Environmental)
- Property Management Services
- Architectural Services
- Audit Services
- Planning and Development Consulting Services
- Disaster Command Center – hardware and software